Come Work With Us!
- Are you passionate about community sport?
- Have you been or are you currently a volunteer at your local sporting club?
- Are you looking for something a bit different, that will challenge you, but reward you in ways you never considered?
- Does the opportunity to work with a small professional team with over 113 years experience and knowledge to support you along your journey excite you?
- Do you crave the opportunity to make a difference in your community; to break the ‘glass ceiling’ on how things have always been done and to explore new and innovative ways to grow community sport?
If you’ve answered ‘Yes’ to most of these questions, then we have a rare and exciting opportunity at Sports Focus for you to consider.
We have just developed our new ‘Community Sport Partnerships’ program and we need the right person to drive it going forward. Armed with your passion for community sport and your understanding of how a community sporting club traditionally operates, you will use the rapport you develop with the sporting club volunteers to influence a new and more effective way of operating.
Your success will be measured by the outcomes you achieve. Building capacity in the club volunteers through the provision of cost-effective sustainable options will be the foundation of your work. With an evidence base that suggests the community sport sector is screaming out for this level of support, you won’t find yourself sitting idle and looking for things to do.
A Position Description providing further detail on this new exciting role can be found by clicking here.
As the recognised peak body for community sport in central Victoria, Sports Focus enjoys a strong reputation for high achievement built over the past 40 years of support to the community sport sector. Our ability to build strong lasting partnerships through all levels of government and across a range of community sectors has enabled Sports Focus to regularly deliver outcomes well beyond the expectations of organisations of comparable size.
Physically active, connected, inclusive and resilient communities is what we strive to achieve. Engaged and enabled communities that can shape their future health and wellbeing through physical activity is how we do it.
Opportunities like this don’t come up very often, so don’t let this one slip through your fingers!