Volunteer Grants Activity 2021
A new round of the Federal Government’s Volunteer Grants program has been announced. Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering. The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The intended outcome of the activity is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
This funding is to be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participating in volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in the current pandemic environment.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to your Local MP.
Amount: From $1,000 up to $5,000
Further information: Visit Australian Government Community Grants Hub or your Local MP Office
Status: Expressions of Interest close Friday 9 April 2021