Emergency Flood Support Available
Sports Focus can support your club
Sporting organisations who have been affected by floods are encouraged to contact Sports Focus for support. We can help to source the required support to assist your club through this challenging time.
We have developed a short survey where we will ask you:
- Your club name
- Contact information
- A brief explanation of how your club has been impacted by the floods
Community Sport Emergency Flood Assistance Program
The program will open 21 October 2022, 11am and will assist Victorian sport and active recreation organisations directly affected by the October 2022 Victorian floods.
$5,000 one-off grants are available to assist in the replacement of items that have been lost, damaged or destroyed.
Emergency Sporting Grant: Sporting and Recreational Equipment Program
The Emergency Grant: Sporting and Recreational Equipment Program grant provides assistance to grassroots sport and active recreation clubs and organisations to replace essential sporting or first aid equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of fire, flood, significant storm event, theft or criminal damage.
A maximum grant of up to $2000 (excluding GST) will be provided to successful applicants to go towards the replacement cost of the lost or damaged equipment.
Emergency Relief Assistance Payments (for individuals and households)
Emergency relief assistance payments are available after a natural disaster related emergency such as a bushfire, flood, severe storm or earthquake, to assist individuals and communities that are experiencing, or are likely to experience, hardship in meeting their relief needs as a result of an emergency.
The one-off payment is to help you and your household meet immediate and essential needs, like emergency shelter, food, clothing or personal items.
AFL Victoria Community Relief Fund
While many volunteers are still caught up with responding to the floods and the damage caused, affected community clubs can access initial immediate assistance grants of up to $5,000 through the AFL’s ‘Community Relief Fund’, to help deal with emergency support. AFL Victoria is in the process of making contact with all impacted clubs and is encouraging clubs to make contact through AFL regional offices.
Bowls Australia Disaster Relief Fund
Bowls Australia have released their Disaster Relief Fund to clubs who have been impacted by flood. Clubs or individuals can also donate to this fund if they wish to support the cause.
Wellbeing and Mental Health Support
Flood Recovery Hotline – 1800 560 760
The Flood Recovery Hotline is a single state-wide number for Victorians affected by the October 2022 floods. It can help with:
- navigating available support
- temporary accommodation
- mental health and wellbeing support.
The Flood Recovery Hotline is open from 7.30am to 7.30pm every day.
Recovery and wellbeing support
We appreciate that this is a challenging time for our community. There are many support services available to assist you, including:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 – crisis support available 24/7 via phone, text or online chat
- Parentline – 13 22 89 – support for parents and carers
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 – support for kids, teens and young adults
- NURSE-ON-CALL – 1300 60 60 24 – expert health information and advice
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Service – 1800 333 497
- Safe Steps – 1800 015 188 – family violence specialists available 24/7
- Orange Door – access services for adults, children and young people who are experiencing family violence
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs – 1300 375 330 – book an in-person or telehealth appointment for anyone who feels overwhelmed or needs support with mental
If you or your club needs support in determining your eligibility or applying for the above funding, please reach out to us. Contact us here.