Training & Education
Sports Focus is committed to providing ongoing support to community sporting clubs in the Loddon Campaspe. We want to increase the capacity and capabilities of grassroots sporting clubs and to encourage healthy, inclusive and connected communities.
We offer the following workshops to support clubs, leagues, and associations through workforce development opportunities. We also aim to be responsive to emerging needs of club volunteers so talk to us about what might assist your club.
Accidental counselling refers to situations where emotional support is given by one person to another person and where the person giving support is not a trained counsellor.
The Accidental Counsellor online workshop is practical, interactive and will benefit anyone required to provide regular informal support and counselling. By the end of the workshop, you will understand:
- The qualities of an effective Accidental Counsellor
- The importance of empowering others
- Gentle curiosity
- How to help someone move from a high emotional state to a calmer state
- Compassionate communication
- Positive body language
- When to restrain the urge to give advice or “fix” the other person
- When to refer on to specialist services
- The value of self-care
Tuesday 1 June – 10am – 12.30pm
Monday 7 June – 6pm- 8.30pm
Monday 28 June – 6pm – 8.30pm
(Online via Zoom)
Sessions are FREE to committee members & volunteers of sporting clubs.
Numbers are strictly limited.
Completing an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) program gives participants the skills and knowledge to contribute to a safe and enjoyable environment in licensed premises.
Licensees and staff are subject to mandatory RSA requirements and have one month from the date they first sell, offer for sale or serve liquor on the licensed premises to complete an RSA program.
The RSA program covers a range of topics including:
- problems associated with excessive consumption
- alcohol and the law
- the question of who is responsible for RSA
- facts about alcohol
- improving the atmosphere of your premises
- handling difficult customers.
If your club is interested in hosting a course or have members who require their RSA qualification please Contact Sports Focus.