COVID-19 Information for Community Sporting Clubs
Latest COVID-19 News for Community Sporting Clubs
Regional Victorian Sport: Return to Play, Step 3 – as of 16th September, Regional Victoria has moved to Step 3 Restrictions. Find out what this means for community sport and your club.
Supporting Your Return to Play webinars – This free 30 minute webinar conducted by Sports Focus will provide advice and guidance around how your club or association can navigate a return and some important factors that need to be considered when making decisions.
Sports Focus Programs & Service Delivery – in light of the current COVID-19 situation there have been a number of changes to the Sports Focus operations.
How Can We Help?
We know this is a hugely difficult time for everyone in the community and we are continuing to monitor the current situation to get a more complete picture about the impact coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on community sport.
Sports Focus is working with our Regional Sport Victoria (RSV) colleagues around two immediate priorities over this period:
- Supporting the sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Doing everything we can to encourage people to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is now more important than ever.
We will continue to work with you to understand the ongoing and future impact of COVID-19 and we want to make sure that whatever action we take has the greatest positive impact. So, we want to hear from you now about the issues you’re facing and to take on board these ideas and concerns to feed into our plans.
We know that:
- It will be difficult for your club, league or association to run and host programs or events as planned.
- The timings of your season are most likely changing.
- People in your community are likely to be anxious, and will probably want to be continuing with their sport participation.
- More generally, you may be interested in alternative operations to respond to the current situation and to keep your organisation going.
We are offering Sports Focus as a point of contact for clubs, leagues, associations and individuals within the Loddon Campaspe region.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know:
- How COVID-19 is impacting you or your organisation?
- The type of help you think would be most beneficial
Please keep in touch with us via the above email address as you or your club’s situation changes.
COVID-19 Links & Information for Loddon Campaspe Community Sport
Find the most current information from peak sporting bodies, Local Government Authorities and health agencies.
Central Goldfields Shire Council
City of Greater Bendigo
Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Mount Alexander Shire Council
Shire of Campaspe
- Sport & Recreation Victoria
- AIS / VIS / Athlete wellbeing
- Sport Australia: Community Sport Guidelines