COVID-19 Information for Community Sporting Clubs
Latest COVID-19 News for Community Sporting Clubs
Regional Victorian Sport: Return to Play, Step 3 – as of the 8th of November, Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria are at the same position on the roadmap to reopening. Find out what this means for community sport and your club.
Free Club Support sessions – If your Club requires support in understanding the current restrictions and putting in place your plan to return to sport, contact us for an online support session.
Club Resources – Communication to club members about the COVID-19 safety measures that need to be adhered to is critical. Sports Focus has created a series of infographic posters which aim to help clubs gain a further understanding and communicate messages of safety and hygiene protocols.
Sports Focus Programs & Service Delivery – in light of the current COVID-19 situation there have been a number of changes to the Sports Focus operations.
How Can We Help?
We know this is a hugely difficult time for everyone in the community and we are continuing to monitor the current situation to get a more complete picture about the impact coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on community sport.
Sports Focus is working with our Regional Sport Victoria (RSV) colleagues around two immediate priorities over this period:
- Supporting the sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Doing everything we can to encourage people to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is now more important than ever.
We will continue to work with you to understand the ongoing and future impact of COVID-19 and we want to make sure that whatever action we take has the greatest positive impact. So, we want to hear from you now about the issues you’re facing and to take on board these ideas and concerns to feed into our plans.
We know that:
- It will be difficult for your club, league or association to run and host programs or events as planned.
- The timings of your season are most likely changing.
- People in your community are likely to be anxious, and will probably want to be continuing with their sport participation.
- More generally, you may be interested in alternative operations to respond to the current situation and to keep your organisation going.
We are offering Sports Focus as a point of contact for clubs, leagues, associations and individuals within the Loddon Campaspe region.
Please contact us via email@example.com and let us know:
- How COVID-19 is impacting you or your organisation?
- The type of help you think would be most beneficial
Please keep in touch with us via the above email address as you or your club’s situation changes.
COVID-19 Links & Information for Loddon Campaspe Community Sport
Find the most current information from peak sporting bodies, Local Government Authorities and health agencies.
Central Goldfields Shire Council
City of Greater Bendigo
Macedon Ranges Shire Council
Mount Alexander Shire Council
Shire of Campaspe
- Sport & Recreation Victoria
- AIS / VIS / Athlete wellbeing
- Sport Australia: Community Sport Guidelines