View full site Menu
Club Liquor Licence Seminar
Do you sell, serve or consume alcohol at your sporting club?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ then it is important that your club committee members attend this information seminar to receive up‐to‐date information.
It is a requirement that Licence applicants complete the approved course to have an adequate knowledge of liquor law and licensee obligations under the law. Topics covered include:
- understanding the different types of liquor licences for clubs
- understanding the club rules and types of visitors
- understanding the supply of liquor to members under a licence
- understanding and interpreting a liquor licence
- understanding a red-line plan
- maintenance of sign-in registers
- displaying appropriate signage
- understanding responsible service of alcohol
- licence breaches.
Club Seminar training can be undertaken by club committee members in place of new entrant training in order to meet training requirements only for restricted club licences and renewable limited club licences.
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) in conjunction with Good Sports provide an industry-recognised club seminar course. The course helps sporting and community clubs manage alcohol responsibly by understanding the legal responsibilities associated with holding a liquor licence.
Victoria Police representatives will be present to offer valuable information, advice and assistance to the clubs in attendance.
There are currently no courses booked. If you need to complete this course please contact Sports Focus on 54423101 to enquire about future courses.